Since the sparkling transformation of Castle Hall back in 2010, Hertford Theatre has become one of the region's most popular venues for all things arts.
Whether you are 6 or 106 there really is something for everyone! With our stunning digital cinema, complete with its epic screen and Dolby surround sound, the beautiful open-plan gallery space, café bar, studio and River Room we're well equipped for pretty much anything.
We're sure that you will find something to tickle your artistic taste-buds. So take the plunge, grab a ticket, enjoy a relaxing drink in our wonderful café bar and then experience an evening of world-class theatre, cinema, comedy and music right here on your doorstep. You can book tickets in person, via the phone or directly online, so get checking the events in our what's on section and we look forward to seeing you very soon.
Remember you can join the conversation by liking us on Facebook and follow us on Twitter for all the latest information about all things Hertford Theatre.
To be one of the best mid-scale, multi-disciplinary, receiving and producing arts venues in the UK.
- The arts have an impact on people; they reach out and touch people, they change people’s lives for the better.
- We play a role in the cultural, social, educational and economic development of East Hertfordshire and its people. As such, we are a place that contributes to the well-being of people living in the district.
We can fulfil Our Vision by:
- Pursuing a passion for live and recorded arts which are of a first-class standard delivered in a high-quality, accessible and friendly environment.
- Presenting work that impacts on people of all ages through professional performances, regular participation, learning or sheer value-for-money enjoyment of the theatre and its output.
- Recognising that our task is to make a difference to people’s lives; we actively promote the theatre and its skilled staff to be valued partners in pursuit of positive social and cultural change.
- Pursuing pathways to new audiences by deepening our understanding of and breaking down historic barriers to attendance and engagement.
- Fostering creativity, leadership and inclusivity across the organisation.
Artistic and Programme Director