• To make our booking fees as transparent as possible and to meet the requirements of relevant legislation, the £1 per ticket booking fee is built into our prices, so the price you see is the price you pay.
• An additional £1 is payable if you would like your tickets posted.
Why do we charge a booking fee?
Booking fees cover the cost of running the box office, bank charges, computer technology and tickets, ensuring that our customers enjoy the best possible customer service.
•All tickets and booking fees are non-refundable.
Tickets can only be offered for re-sale when an event is sold out. A credit voucher will be issued and the booking fee retained by Hertford Theatre.
Original tickets must be returned to the Box Office at least 24 hours before the performance. To put tickets up for resale please contact the Box Office on 01992 531500.
• Tickets may be exchanged for an alternative performance of the same production for a fee of £1 per ticket. For changes to a more expensive performance, the customer will be charged the difference.
For changes to a cheaper performance, no refund will be given.
Original tickets must be returned to the Box Office before any exchange and at least 24 hours before the original performance. This also applied to seat changes.
• If you have not paid for your tickets to be posted, please show your email confirmation to the Box Office to collect your tickets, at least 15 minutes before the start of the event, with your proof of concession (if applicable).
• In the event of a performance being cancelled ticket holders can book for an alternative performance of the same show/film (subject to availability) up to the seat value on the ticket. Alternatively we can issue the ticket holder with a credit voucher for the value of the original tickets or a refund for the value of the original tickets.
• Once tickets are collected or posted to the ticket holder Hertford Theatre cannot be held liable for any tickets that are lost or stolen. If you have lost your tickets, these can be reprinted at a charge of £1 per ticket.
• Management reserves the right to refuse admission.
• Latecomers may be admitted to the auditorium at a suitable break in performance.
• Photography, video and sound recording, smoking, vaping and the use of mobile phones and pagers in the auditorium are strictly prohibited.
• Only refreshments bought in the cafe/bar are allowed in the auditorium and we request that you respect performers and other patrons when consuming refreshments during an event.
• The event promoter may record or take photographs of performances. However, if it does so, customers will be informed before the performance.
Concessions & Ticket Prices
• Reduced price tickets may be available on some performances and only where stated. Age restrictions may apply. You must select the most appropriate ticket when booking online as refunds are not available. Valid concession eligibility is required for all bookings.
• Tickets for Carers are offered at the concession price only where concessions are applicable.
• Where a group rate is available please contact the Box Office to arrange your tickets.
• Babies 18 months and under may be admitted with a Babes in Arms ticket available from the Box Office on the day of the event. Children older than 18 months will require a ticket and seat. Booster seats are available at the theatre. Please note that not all events allow Babes in Arms. If your baby becomes distressed we expect patrons to leave the auditorium.
• Once any ticket is purchased at full price no discounts or concessions will be made retrospectively.
• We do not take reservations.
• If you are looking to bring more than 9 people to a show or film, please contact our Box Office on 01992 531500.
Some, but not all shows have a group discount. This will be clearly advertised on our website or on the show flyer, but you are welcome to check with the Box Office when you make your booking.
• School groups should contact our Marketing Department to discuss their visit, reserve tickets and arrange an invoice. Please call 01992 531593 or email Rebecca on email@example.com
You can visit our site without telling us who you are or giving us any personally identifiable information.
Hertford Theatre does not capture and store any personal information about individuals who access this web site, except where you voluntarily choose to give us your personal details via email or by using an electronic form, booking or reserving tickets, or enquiring about any of our services.
Any personal data provided to Hertford Theatre will be used for providing you with the information or service you have requested. This data will be processed and stored in compliance with the Data Protection Act 1998. We may also use the information you provide to assess our performance. Where such information is used in a performance report, it will be aggregated and anonymised.
No personal details will ever be included in such a report. We do not pass any of your personal data to outside organisations and/or individuals, except with your express consent or where required for the purposes of fraud detection or prevention.
We do not collect personal information for commercial purposes.
The Hertford Theatre website uses Google Analytics to help analyse how users use the site.
This analytical tool uses 'cookies', which are text files placed on your computer, to collect standard internet log information and visitor behaviour information in an anonymous form. The information generated by the cookie about your use of the website (including your IP address) is transmitted to Google. This information is then used to evaluate visitors use of the website and to compile statistical reports on website activity for Hertford Theatre.
Hertford Theatre will not use the statistical analytics tool to track or to collect any personally identifiable information of visitors to our site. We will not associate any data gathered from this site with any personally identifying information from any source as part of our use of the Google statistical analytics tool. Hertford Theatre will not link, or seek to link, an IP address with the identity of a computer user.
When you buy a ticket, the online ticket system needs to use a cookie to process your ticket order. This cookie is deleted when you leave the ticket system
Hertford Theatre operates as a service/department of East Herts Council, who are the registered Data Controller for this purpose. East Herts Council registration number is ‘Z6717508’ and the entry can be found on the following link: http://www.ico.gov.uk/ESDWebPages/search.asp