Community - Schools and Learning
We do everything we can to support the teachers who bring their students and pupils to see shows and films at Hertford Theatre. Most schools visit Hertford Theatre late in the Autumn Term for our high-quality Christmas show but throughout the year we include films and shows that are relevant to the schools curriculum from Key Stages 1-4.
If a school decides to come and visit us we offer a bespoke booking service which means the school gets a named person to look after them from the point of booking to the point at which you and your school leave after seeing the show or film. The school receives a personal seating plan, the option of a pre-show theatre visit and health and safety checklists as well as a number of extra goodies including (where possible) free ice creams and programmes.
We can respond to the specific need of a student group by offering a relaxed performance or screening, a chill out room and if it all gets too much the show can be watched in private on TV.
As well as a school coming to see us for a show or film we offer:
- Carousel Placements (where a group of students pass from department to department over the course of a week)
- Work Experience (a chance for pupils to spend a bit of time getting a taste of what makes Hertford Theatre tick)
- Free theatre tours.
- Industry talks with staff and visiting artists and companies.
- Pre-show talks and post-show Q&A’s
- Workshops with performers, companies and individual artists.