Terms & Privacy
Booking Fees - Our Terms & Conditions
- To make our booking fees as transparent as possible and to meet the requirements of relevant legislation, the £1.50 per ticket booking fee is built into our prices, so the price you see is the price you pay.
- An additional £1.50 is payable if you would like your tickets posted.
Why do we charge a booking fee?
- Booking fees cover the cost of running the box office, bank charges and computer technology, ensuring that our customers enjoy the best possible customer service.
All tickets and booking fees are non-refundable.
- Tickets can only be offered for re-sale when an event is sold out and we have a waiting list. A credit voucher will be issued and the booking fee retained by Hertford Theatre. To put tickets up for resale please contact the Box Office on firstname.lastname@example.org at least 24hrs before a performance.
- Tickets may be exchanged for an alternative performance of the same production for a fee of £1 per ticket. For changes to a more expensive performance, the customer will be charged the difference. For changes to a cheaper performance, no refund will be given. Exchanges must be made at least 24 hours before the original performance. This also applied to seat changes.
- In the event of a performance being cancelled ticket holders can book for an alternative performance of the same show/film (subject to availability) up to the seat value on the ticket. Alternatively, we can issue the ticket holder with a credit voucher for the value of the original tickets or a refund for the value of the original tickets.
Refunds will only be given if there is a change in government guidelines meaning performances cannot take place.
In line with current government guidelines, the wearing of face masks is mandatory.We will encourage all audience members over the age of 11 years to comply with this unless they are exempt.
Bad Weather Policy
In the unlikely event we cancel a performance because of seasonal bad weather, we will inform all bookers with as much notice as possible and offer one of the following:
- Tickets to an alternative performance of the same production.
- Credit to the value of the tickets purchased to be used as the booker wishes on a future show at Hertford Theatre.
- A full refund.
If the show or film continues to play but you are not able to attend, no refunds or ticket exchanges will be given.
- Once tickets are collected or posted to the ticket holder, Hertford Theatre cannot be held liable for any tickets that are lost or stolen. If you have lost your tickets, these can be reprinted at a charge of £1 per ticket.
- Management reserves the right to refuse admission.
- Latecomers may be admitted to the auditorium at a suitable break in the performance.
- Photography, video and sound recording, smoking, vaping and the use of mobile phones and pagers in the auditorium are strictly prohibited.
- Only refreshments bought in the cafe/bar are allowed in the auditorium and we request that you respect performers and other patrons when consuming refreshments during an event.
- The event promoter may record or take photographs of performances. However, if it does so, customers will be informed before the performance.
Concessions & Ticket Prices
- Reduced price tickets may be available on some performances and only where stated. Age restrictions may apply. You must select the most appropriate ticket when booking online as refunds are not available. Valid concession eligibility is required for all bookings.
- Tickets for Carers are offered at the concession price only where concessions are applicable.
- Where a group rate is available please contact the Box Office to arrange your tickets.
- Babies 18 months and under may be admitted with a Babes in Arms ticket available from the Box Office on the day of the event. Children older than 18 months will require a ticket and seat. Booster seats are available at the theatre. Please note that not all events allow Babes in Arms. If your baby becomes distressed we expect patrons to leave the auditorium.
- Once any ticket is purchased at full price no discounts or concessions will be made retrospectively.
- We do not take reservations.
- School groups should contact our Marketing Department to discuss their visit, reserve tickets and arrange an invoice. Please email Rebecca on email@example.com
We’ll use your details to provide the service that you have requested and communicate with you in the way(s) that you have actively agreed to.
Your data may also be used for analysis purposes, to help us provide the best service possible and to contact you about a booking you have made.
We will never pass your details on to anyone else without your explicit consent.
You are free to change your mind at any time by changing your contact preferences online, or by emailing firstname.lastname@example.org
Hertford Theatre operates as a service/department of East Herts Council, who are the registered Data Controller for this purpose. East Herts Council registration number is ‘Z6717508’ and the entry can be found on the following link: http://www.ico.gov.uk/ESDWebPages/search.asp