Growth and Legacy Project
Exciting times! Hertford Theatre is going to be transformed!
East Herts Council's have agreed to invest in the future of Hertford Theatre, transforming it into a place that will enhance the lives of visitors and the town itself, creating a fantastic arts centre in the heart of the county town.
The £13.5m investment would enable the centre to include:
· Three bespoke cinema screens allowing screenings of newly released films.
· More seats in the main auditorium.
· A new 150-seat studio.
· Uncovering the 12th century motte at the back of the theatre which people can reach directly from The Wash, creating an exciting link between the theatre, Castle Gardens and Hertford Castle.
· An improved riverside café-bar for both theatre visitors and people enjoying the park and Castle Gardens.
· Improved access to all areas of the building so that artists can better reach the stage, backstage and the dressing rooms.
As you can imagine, we're excited about the future and we're working hard with lots of different people, companies and organisations to ensure the success of this project!
We'll keep this page updated with information when there's news.